We often use experienced and qualified independent social workers to carry out assessments of new applicants.
As an independent assessor you will need to provide effective and high quality social work assessment within the Agency and undertake tasks related to the assessment of foster carers.
Experience working in accordance with legislation, guidance and good practice is essential to ensure that carers can appropriately meet the needs of looked after children and young people requiring substitute care with Talawa Fostering Services’ carers.
ASSESS WITH TALAWA
• A working knowledge of the Children Act 1989, the National Minimum Fostering Standards 2011and other legislation relevant to work with children and families.
• Proven skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to formulate appropriate professional relationships and maintain boundaries with applicants.
• Proven commitment to actively support and promote the Agency’s equal opportunity framework.
• Have a current registration with the HPCP
If you are interested in joining Talawa’s pool of independent assessors, then please email us with an up to date CV.
Candidates will need to have the following:
• Hold a DipSW or approved equivalent qualification and have 2 years’ post-qualifying experience as a social worker in a family placement setting or in a children care team.
• Knowledge of social work methods with children and families, including knowledge of current issues and research findings.
• Experience of undertaking evidenced based assessments.
• An ability to undertake assessments within the Agency’s policy and quality framework.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Must have or be eligible for an enhanced CRB check
If you are already employed by a local authority or other social care provider, then your current employer must agree to you carrying out this work for Talawa.
You will be invited to attend an interview, and to provide us with a suitably anonymised example of an assessment that you have carried out.